An excerpt of comments from previous short course participants:
- The technical depth and breadth were impressive for a one-week course. Good coverage of the subject matter.
- Both lab and lectures are very relevant to power supply design.
- Theory is well taught and is enforced by the time spent in the lab. This is how learning should be.
- Excellent lab exercises; insight into models very important for design/applications engineers
- Relevant for industry; conceptual and basic understanding of control and modeling.
- The fundamental concepts are important, especially for professionals who had been out of school for a while.
- The information was well presented. Good balance between class and lab. Both professors were excellent.
- Effective format - learn materials in the morning, then apply and reinforce in the afternoon lab
- There is very good explanation of fundamentals and very relevant current research as well.
- It helped me understand all the basic blocks involved in a voltage regulator. The lab sessions are really impressive and definitely an eye-opener.
- Coming from an IC design background, this short course is a quick way to get experience with converters.
- Very informative and lab was great. Good balance between theory and application.
- Professors were very knowledgeable; lab work was incredibly educational; lab equipment, for the most part, was in really good shape.
- The lectures were good at summarizing converter models; the lab were very well organized to quickly produce results
- Lab work which helps you validate the theory. Excellent guidance by Dr. Dushan.
- Nicely-equipped labs and well-correlated experiments.
- Good depth; comprehensive overview at the end of the course.