CPES Power Electronics Short Course
One of the missions of CPES is to provide the opportunity for practicing engineers to broaden their knowledge base and stay updated on new technologies by offering professional short courses that will provide a clear understanding of the fundamental principles and a working knowledge of current technology and applications.
Modeling & Control Design of DC/DC Converter
NOTE: Due to limited space, the maximum enrollment is 32, with participants organized in 2 lab groups.The deadline for registration is July 24, 2017.
Lab: 253 Whittemore Hall (within walking distance to IVT)
Instructors: Fred C. Lee, Dushan Boroyevich
- $1,600.00 -- Principal-Plus, Principal, Associate Members
- $2,500.00 -- Affiliate Members
- $3,500.00 -- Non-Members
To check membership status, click: CPES Industry Members
- Course materials will be available on Monday outside the lecture room.
- Short course lectures - begin at 8 a.m.
- Short course dinner - all participants are invited to join group dinner on Monday
- Lunch on own (Monday through Thursday) - Preston's @ Inn at VT, or nearby restaurants
- Pizza lunch on Friday - Instructor will wrap-up by mid-afternoon to allow departure for airport
- Read comments from previous Control Design short course participants.
The Inn at Virginia Tech
Blacksburg, VA 24060
877-200-3360 or 540-231-8000
Group rate: $139.00 single/double per room/per night, plus applicable taxes (Please mention Modeling and Control Design room block)
Hyatt Place Blacksburg/University
Blacksburg, Virginia, USA, 24060
Tel: +1 540 552 7500
Group rate: $129.00 single/double per room/per night, plus applicable taxes (Please mention Modeling and Control Design room block)
Lodging block deadlines for both locations: Friday, June 30, 2017.
(Reservations after this date will be accepted on rate and space availability-basis)
- Closest airport: ROA
(Roanoke Regional Airport, approximately 45 miles away)
- Car rentals: Numerous car rentals are available at Roanoke Regional Airport. To perform a search for the dates of the conference, click here.
- Smart Way Bus: Commuter bus service linking the Roanoke Valley to the New River Valley. Fare is $4.00 each way and exact change is required. Does not stop at hotels. The closest stop to the Conference venue will be Squire Student Center, with possible pick-up arranged directly with your chosen lodging. Phone: (540) 982-6622 | Website
- Roanoke Airport Transportation Services: Offers daily shuttles between Blacksburg and Roanoke Regional Airport, including limousine options. All trips depart from the Inn at Virginia Tech, Prices Fork Holiday Inn, and the Roanoke Regional Airport. Special shuttle services are provided upon request. Phone: (540) 345-7710 | Website
For More Information
If you wish to receive additional information about CPES short courses at Virginia Tech, please contact Teresa Shaw or call (540) 231-4527.