CPES Power Electronics Short Course
One of the missions of CPES is to provide the opportunity for practicing engineers to broaden their knowledge base and stay updated on new technologies by offering professional short courses that will provide a clear understanding of the fundamental principles and a working knowledge of current technology and applications.
Modeling & Control Design of DC/DC Converter
Lectures: The Inn at Virginia Tech (IVT) and Skelton Conference Center
Lab: 253 Whittemore Hall (within walking distance to IVT)
Instructors: Fred C. Lee, Qiang Li
- $1,600.00 -- Principal-Plus, Principal, Associate Members
- $2,500.00 -- Affiliate Members
- $3,500.00 -- Non-Members
To check membership status, click: CPES Industry Members
- Course materials will be available on Monday outside the lecture room.
- Short course lectures begin at 8:00 a.m.
- Labs to be scheduled in the afternoon, exact times TBD
The Inn at Virginia Tech
Blacksburg, VA 24060
VT Inn Reservations: 540-231-8000
- Closest airport: ROA
(Roanoke Regional Airport, approximately 45 miles away)
- Car Rental: Numerous car rentals are available. ROA Ground Transportation | Website
- Smart Way Bus: Commuter bus service linking the Roanoke Valley to the New River Valley. Fare is $4.00 each way and exact change is required. Does not stop at hotels. The closest stop to the Conference venue will be Squire Student Center, with possible pick-up arranged directly with your chosen lodging. Phone: (540) 982-6622 | Website
For More Information
If you wish to receive additional information about the CPES short course at Virginia Tech, please contact Dennis Grove or call (540) 231-3353.