CPES Mini-Consortium Program
The CPES mini-consortium program provides a unique forum for creating synergy among industries and defining new research directions to meet future industry needs. The formation of the mini-consortium allows CPES to pool resources and focus on developing pre-competitive technologies to address common challenges, and sharing the research results among mini-consortium members.
Mini-consortium members are enrolled in CPES as Principal Plus Members, with annual contribution of $50,000. They gain tangible benefits via research collaboration with CPES as a member of one of the mini-consortia on focused research:
Companies interested in more than one focused research areas may join another mini-consortium for an additional annual contribution of $50,000 each.
The 3 mini-consortia hold separate research reviews. Members of each mini-consortium are invited to participate in these reviews in person and via WebEx. Review presentations and recordings are available online for participating members via password.
Mini-consortium members gain the competitive advantage, including
- Privileged access to research results developed under their selected mini-consortium
- Opportunities to guide CPES research direction
- Early-stage knowledge of developing technologies prior to becoming IPs
- Engagement with CPES researchers via technical reviews and updates
- A designated CPES student to serve as technical contact and window to the Center
- The chance to become familiarized with graduating students for possible future employment